Master Online Communication
“Every email you send affects your professional reputation.” — Shani Harmon, Harvard Business Review
As virtual communication now dominates professional life, it is imperative to learn the best techniques to write clear messages that get results. This course will teach you how to overcome the biggest barriers to clear communication in a virtual world.
If you’ve ever been told your emails come across as too blunt, passive-aggressive, or just unclear, this course will help you write in a way that minimizes the chance of misinterpretation and maximizes the chance that your messages accurately capture your intended tone and demeanor.
At the end of the course, students will learn:
• The common ways emails are misinterpreted
• Writing strategies to correctly convey your tone and attitude
• Email tips to ensure your message gets read
• Working successfully with remote teams
• Techniques for effective use of video teleconferencing (VTC)
• Writing with tact and professionalism